- Divorce & Family Law
- Estate Planning/Elder Law
Estate Planning, Wills and Elder Law
- Adoption & Guardianship
- Nuptial Agreements
- Orders of ProtectionOrders of Protection
- Attorneys and StaffWendy R. Morgan, Attorney
John O. Walsh, Attorney
Sean P. Sullivan, Attorney
Katherine C. Adams, Attorney
Rodney C. Adams, Administrator
Brandy J. Rybak, Paralegal
- Contact Us
If you are considering divorce in Illinois, there are probably many questions running through your mind. Am I making the right decision? How will this affect my children? Am I a candidate for maintenance? Whether you have been unexpectedly served with divorce papers or feel the need to move on with your life, you need to evaluate all your options and make sure your rights and the rights of your children are protected in any possible divorce proceedings under Illinois law. There are currently twelve Illinois grounds for divorce. All but one Illinois grounds for divorce are fault-grounds. The only exception is for irreconcilable differences, which does not assess fault but requires a two year separation period which can be reduced to six months by written stipulation as long as the parties agree that they have not cohabitating as man and wife in excess of six months.
Divorce means different things to different people, but the end of a marriage is a stressful time for anyone involved. For some, it is a highly emotional process that comes up unexpectedly. For others, it is the necessary legal step that must be taken to move on with life. No matter how you are approaching your divorce, working with a competent and compassionate attorney can make all the difference. At The Law Firm of Wendy R. Morgan, we provide perceptive, experienced representation to clients facing divorce and other related issues. Our staff includes female Illinois divorce attorneys and male Illinois divorce attorneys. We are confident we have the right attorney for you.
The outcome of a divorce will have a significant impact on your parental rights and financial security. With such high stakes, you need a skilled and experienced family law attorney who is committed to representing your interests and protecting your rights. The Law Firm of Wendy R. Morgan is a well established Family Law practice with over 30 years of extensive experience in representing individuals in divorces, and has helped individuals through the difficulties of modifications and enforcement of divorce judgments.
We are prepared to handle any issue that may arise in your divorce, including but not limited to:
- Divorce vs. Legal Separation
- Property Division / Division of Debt
- Child Custody and Visitation
- Spousal Maintenance (formerly known as Alimony)
- Child Support
- Protection of Investments & Business
- Domestic Violence / Orders of Protection
- High Net-Worth Divorce
- Hidden Assets / Forensic Accountants
- Valuation of Business
- Post-Decree Issues
- Child Relocation / Removal
- Illinois Divorce Mediation
- Prenuptial Agreements / Estate Planning
- Enrollment of Foreign Judgments
- Interstate Custody and International Custody
Do you have questions such as:
- I signed a prenuptial agreement/postnuptial agreement years ago, but our circumstances have changed. Can the agreement be invalidated? Can the agreement be modified?
- I gave up my career to raise a family and I am concerned about being able to live in the standard of living I enjoyed during my marriage. Am I a candidate for spousal maintenance? What factors are considered in determining spousal maintenance and the amount received?
- My child or children have a preference as to which parent they want to live with after the divorce. Will their preference be considered? How is the custodial parent determined in Illinois? What custody arrangement is the best fit for my family?
- My spouse is in the military on active duty in a location outside of Illinois. How does this affect my potential case?
- I only want to deal with an experienced female Illinois Divorce Attorney. Can you help me?
- I only want to deal with an experienced male Illinois Divorce Attorney. Can you help me?
- I have a multimillion dollar business which I established prior to the marriage. Is it protected under Illinois law? Does my spouse have any marital interest in this asset?
- I earn over $300,000 per year? Do I have to pay Illinois guideline child support?
Practical advice and scholarly representation from our experienced Family Law Attorneys are critical and necessary to protect your interests. Oftentimes, parties to a divorce can get caught up in disputes of minor issues, which can drag on a divorce indefinitely. In these situations, legal fees escalate and goodwill between parties diminishes. At The Law Firm of Wendy R. Morgan, we believe that people going through a divorce or legal separation , whether an uncontested divorce or contested divorce, need an attorney with strong communication and litigation skills to represent them both in and out of Court. If you are worried about your rights and the well-being of your family in a divorce, please contact our office to schedule an appointment with one of our compassionate, experienced attorneys.
Our knowledgeable attorneys at The Law Firm of Wendy R. Morgan will help you see the forest through the trees and work to avoid these situations by utilizing their extensive communication. If you are looking for a divorce attorney, The Law Firm of Wendy R. Morgan provides the experienced professionalism gained from over 30 years of experience in service of the people of Northwest suburbs of Chicago and the surrounding area. We have worked with countless men and women to help bring about effective resolutions and decisions in their cases and we will fight to protect your interests.
If you have questions about Divorce, contact The Law Firm of Wendy R. Morgan to schedule your consultation with one of our experienced Family Law Attorneys.
How Can We Help?
-- Call Now 1-847-259-5700 --
--- Email Us With This Form ---
You have family law questions.
We have answers.
Whether you're contemplating a divorce, dealing with adoption or paternity, concerned about preserving assets and/or net income, or facing any other financial or family law issues, our firm has been serving Illinois clients since 1981 with just the right combination of compassion and strength.
Our lawyers practice family law through choice, not chance. We're dedicated to ensuring your rights are protected, whether in negotiations or in litigation. Please explore the site, and contact us to arrange an appointment.